carer's - Promoting THE Education of CiC
- Have a foster home which promotes a learning environment and supports their development.
- Have access to a range of educational resources to support their learning and have opportunities beyond the school day to engage in activities which promote learning.
- Support child to attend school, or alternative provision, regularly.
- Work with the child’s education provider to maximise each child’s achievement and to minimise any underachievement. You can do this by supporting the educational targets that are set at the PEP.
- Maintain regular contact with the child’s school, attending all parents’ meetings as appropriate and advocating for the child where appropriate.
- Engage and work with schools, colleges and other organisations to support children’s education, including advocating to help overcome any problems the child may be experiencing in their education setting.
- Have up-to-date information about each child’s educational progress and school attendance record.
For further useful information, please click the links below:
CPD Resources for Carers by Anspear
Nottingham City Virtual School is making interactive resources available to support new and experienced carers with information and guidance written by experienced colleagues from Virtual Schools across the country.
What will you gain?
› Specific insights and strategies on supporting children in care and those children who were previously in care, in need and on a child protection plan.
› Techniques and strategies on supporting your child/children in learning at home.
› Specialised information on attachment theory, trauma, inclusion and more.
› Digital certificates and badges upon completing courses
Virtual School Training for Carers
The Virtual School offer training and development opportunities for Designated Teachers throughout the year. Please visit our Virtual School Training page for further details, click here to access this page.